Begin setting stones with understandable techniques that increase quality, save time, and accelerate learning. Each student uses state-of-the-art equipment to complete a versatile range of basic settings. The curriculum includes efficient stone setting processes that lead to the execution of clean work while laying the foundation for a successful future as a setter. This course is designed for people who have never set stones, as well as those who want a better foundation for basic stone setting.
- Correct setup of GRS equipment
- Operation of common classroom tools
- Graver sharpening, theory, and geometry
- Bur overview and uses
- Gem overview, shapes and anatomy
- Surface preparation for engraving or stone setting
- How to utilize the microscope
- Proper use of workholding fixtures and devices for stone setting
- Business practices and pricing work (varies by instructor)
- Layout techniques for round stones
- Round stone fitting and seat preparation
- Basic prong, flush, bead, and channel setting techniques using round stones
- Channel setting and prong setting for Princess cut stones
6 prong pinwheel practice ring
4 prong pinwheel practice ring
4 prong pinwheel for princess cut
Brass channel ring for round stones
Brass channel ring for princess cut
Nickel silver key tag
We reserve your seat upon receipt of course deposit. To transfer or cancel your reservation, notify GRS at least 30 days before the class start date to transfer deposit or receive a refund, less $50. Deposits are not transferrable or refundable less than 30 days before the course start date. If you have any questions about this information, please do not hesitate to call us! We would be glad to help you. Call 800-835-3519, Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.