This course builds on basic setting skills and gives jewelers the abilities needed to create complex pavé patterns. Todd Daniels will teach students how to layout stones, use bright cuts and millgrain to embellish their designs, and equip them to achieve a more creative end product.
- Overview and correct setup of bench and GRS equipment
- Overview of tool sharpening, theory and geometry
- Bur Overview and uses
- Creation of specialty tools
- Proper use of workholding fixtures and devices for stone setting
- Surface preparation for stone setting
- Round stone fitting and seat preparation for flat surfaces
- Layout techniques for round stones
- Creating bright cuts
- Various pave layouts including : single row, triangle, circle, oval, square and zigzag for full coverage
Brass and phosphorous bronze practice plates
Brass practice ring
Basic Stone Setting or equivalent
Graver Sharpening Knowledge: 90°, 105°, 120° and flat gravers
Other Skills Required: Experience in setting round stones in flat metal and creating seats
We reserve your seat upon receipt of course deposit. To transfer or cancel your reservation, notify GRS at least 30 days before the class start date to transfer deposit or receive a refund, less $50. Deposits are not transferrable or refundable less than 30 days before the course start date. If you have any questions about this information, please do not hesitate to call us! We would be glad to help you. Call 800-835-3519, Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.