This fast-paced course in building and forming silver will teach students the skills to create and engrave turquoise cabochon rings. Learn the basics of bezels with a hands-on project and embellish with hand engraving on curved and flat surfaces. Students will leave with a solid foundation for future silversmithing.
Jewelry & Stone Setting
- Correct setup of GRS equipment
- Operation of common classroom tools
- Tool sharpening, theory, and geometry
- Discussion on purchasing stones
- Sizing and forming a ring
- Fabricating a bezel setting
- Setting a turquoise cabochon
- Basic soldering techniques
- Proper sawing methods
- Decorative engraving on ring band
- Finishing techniques
- Business and marketing discussion
- How to photograph your work
- Discussion on packaging for retail
One silver cabochon ring with turquoise
We reserve your seat upon receipt of course deposit. To transfer or cancel your reservation, notify GRS at least 30 days before the class start date to transfer deposit or receive a refund, less $50. Deposits are not transferrable or refundable less than 30 days before the course start date. If you have any questions about this information, please do not hesitate to call us! We would be glad to help you. Call 800-835-3519, Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.