Enjoy five days of learning the most efficient and effective stone setting methods from Blaine Lewis. His years of refining and innovating setting techniques have equipped him with a unique approach to each task as a bench jeweler. The tips and tricks learned in this class will take the level of craftsmanship, speed, and confidence to a new level. This is an intense course filled with new concepts that will save time, money, and frustration in your daily work as a bench jeweler.
- Overview of tools used during the course
- Toolmaking & graver sharpening
- Flush & prong setting techniques for round diamonds & colored stones
- Prong setting fancies: princess, marquise, pear, emerald & baguette cuts
- Inlaid channel
- Channel setting round & princess
- Bezel setting ovals
- Invisible settings with grooved princess
- Bead setting & pavé: bead & bright cut, thread setting & pavé
- Creating the 10-stone pavé cluster
- Flush setting tools & techniques
- Gypsy setting cabochons
Stone setting experience is required. Contact GRS for details.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.