In this first-of-its-kind class, Nevada Miller will share her knowledge of fabrication, hand engraving, marketing, and business with a group of beginners. Students can expect a fast-paced class that covers the basics of running a successful silver shop. By creating three separate projects Nevada will teach design, sawing, filing, soldering, and other fabrication techniques. Once the projects have been built, students will learn the basics of hand engraving, including how to make the tools, prepare surfaces, and more. Lastly, Nevada will share her wisdom on marketing, time management, pricing, and other steps involved in the business process. This multifaceted class is jam-packed with value. Start your career or hobby in silversmithing with Nevada.
- Correct setup of GRS equipment
- Operation of common classroom tools
- Tool shaping and bench grinder operation
- Surface preparation for engraving or stone setting
- Artwork layout and design principles
- Design transfer techniques
- Line cutting techniques
- Proper use of workholding fixtures and devices
- Business concepts for marketing and selling
- Basic sawing and filing
- Simple ling engraving
- Time management
- Sourcing materials and tools
Earrings, bracelet, and ring.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.