Master Engraver Diane Scalese will take a group of students through a week of building and engraving a silver cuff bracelet. Students can expect to learn the basics of silversmithing by getting hands-on experience with sawing, soldering, forming, and polishing. The bracelet will feature a cabochon stone and decorative bright cut engraving using advanced scrolls and borders. Upon completion of the class, the student can expect to take home a great handmade bracelet and a lot of new skills to add to their daily work.
- Basic silversmithing techniques to include proper soldering along with equipment, tools, and safety
- Sizing and shaping of bracelets
- Setting of cabochon using a pre-formed bezel
- Making and soldering decorative elements such as flowers, half beads, leaves, and wire scrolls
- Clean up and polishing
- Designing of more advanced scrolls and borders to broaden the students engraving
Completion of a GRS Basic Metal Engraving course or instructor approval is required, as well as an understanding of proper tool sharpening and basic engraving techniques.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.
Build my bench.
New to engraving or stonesetting? Use our custom tool to discover more about the hand engraving tools you’ll be using in your new craft.Get started