This basic course will focus on the real-world engraving styles of a jeweler. Using GRS equipment, students study and execute fundamental engraving cuts on a variety of metals. This system speeds learning and overcomes the initial artwork challenge. Each class is built around the individual instructor’s professional experience to give every attendee personal access to a wealth of practical knowledge. This course provides a foundation for a great future in jewelry engraving.
- Correct setup of GRS equipment
- Operation of common classroom tools
- Tool sharpening, theory, and geometry
- Design transfer techniques
- Line cutting techniques
- Millgrain decoration
- Proper use of workholding fixtures and devices
- Engraving scrolls, borders, letters, and numbers
- Shading techniques and background treatment
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.
Build my bench.
New to engraving or stonesetting? Use our custom tool to discover more about the hand engraving tools you’ll be using in your new craft.Get started