Gain priceless experience by adding hand engraving to an actual Henry .22 lever-action receiver cover. Guided by FEGA Master Engraver Rex Pedersen, students learn the process of engraving a firearm part without purchasing the gun first. The cover features a laser-marked period design reminiscent of turn-of-the-century lever-action rifles and, once engraved, can be installed on any Henry .22 lever-action rifle.
- Correct setup of GRS equipment
- Operation of common classroom tools
- Tool sharpening, theory, and geometry
- Tool shaping and bench grinder operation
- Surface preparation for engraving or stone setting
- Artwork layout and design principles
- Design transfer techniques
- Line cutting techniques
- Proper use of workholding fixtures and devices
- Business practices and pricing work (varies by instructor)
- Fundamentals of tool sharpening
- Design and layout of scrolls and borders
- Effective use of a rotary handpiece
- Block and script letter engraving
- Basics of metal inlay
- Practical experience engraving a Henry .22 receiver cover
Henry .22 receiver cover.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.
Build my bench.
New to engraving or stonesetting? Use our custom tool to discover more about the hand engraving tools you’ll be using in your new craft.Get started